Profile settings that impact Pricing Performance
Set QP: Blind Discount Option to NO and add ‘All Items’ as product, if possible
Set QP: Build Attributes mapping options to ‘Map attributes used in active pricing setup’
Set QP: Satisfied qualifiers option to NO unless the calling application needs this info.
Set OM: Send changed lines to Pricing to YES
QP: Blind Discount Option
The default value for this profile option should only be changed if you never define blind discounts. If you never define blind discounts, set this profile option to “No”, this bypasses part of the search engine processing. A blind discount is defined as a modifier that has all of the following:
• No list qualifiers on the modifier list header
• No line qualifiers on the modifier
• No products or pricing attributes
Note: If your business must define a modifier as previously described, verify that this profile option is set to Yes. If this is not done, the modifiers will not be selected by the search engine.
• Yes: Blind discounts are enabled.
• No: Blind discounts are disabled; bypass blind discount processing in search engine.
This profile option is visible and can be updated at the site and application levels. The default value is yes.
QP: Build Attributes Mapping Options
This profile option enables you to set attribute mapping rules for attributes in both the active and inactive setups.
• Map attributes used in active pricing setup: The Build Attribute Mapping Rules program will map the attributes that are used only in the active pricing setup.
• Map all attributes: This program will source the attributes that are used in both the active and inactive setups.
The default value is No.
QP: Satisfied Qualifiers Option
The profile option QP: Satisfied Qualifiers Option impacts performance when entering and booking an order. It controls whether satisfied qualifiers are returned to the calling application or not.
• Yes: The pricing engine returns all the satisfied qualifiers to the calling application. This increases pricing engine processing time.
• No: Processing time is reduced because the pricing engine does not return the satisfied qualifiers to the calling applications.
The default value is No.
This profile option enables you to set the Request Viewer and how it captures request details into the pricing debug tables and debug log information into the debug log table.
• Request Viewer Off: When off, nothing is written into pricing debug tables and debug log table. The debug log text file will not be created.
• Request Viewer Off, show Diagnostic details in Trace: Some pricing timings sql are controlled by this value. When set to “Request Viewer Off, show Diagnostic details in Trace,” the pricing timing sqls are executed. If not set, the timings sqls are not executed. • Request Viewer On, but Debug Log is not visible in Viewer: When this is set, the Request Viewer captures pricing request details into the pricing debug tables, but debug log information is not written into the debug log table. The debug log text file will be created.
• Request Viewer On: When on, the Request Viewer captures pricing request details into the pricing debug tables and debug log information into the debug log table. The debug log text file is also created.
This profile option can be updated at the user level and is active for the transactions of the user who set this profile option—other users’ transactions are not affected.
Note: The profile option, QP: Set Request Name can be used in conjunction with the QP: Debug profile option. When the QP: Set Request Name is set to Yes, the Request Name field will be prefixed with the Order ID.
The default value is Request Viewer Off.
OM: Send Changed Lines to Pricing
When this profile option is set to Yes, this would mean send only changed lines to Pricing when a line is changed. Otherwise, send all lines. The default is Yes. (This used to be an internal only profile option.)
OM: Sales Order Form: Refresh Method (Query Coordination)
This profile option determines whether the screen is refreshed after every save. There are four options available:
• Automatic Refresh with Repositioning of Cursor: When the profile is set to this option then screen is refreshed and also the cursor is repositioned to the original line from which the save operation was performed.
• Automatic Refresh without Repositioning of Cursor: When the profile is set to this option then screen is refreshed and the cursor is always positioned on the first line.
• Manual: With this option, users have to explicitly requery to see the latest changes. User are also not prompted with a message.
• Askme: A dialog box is prompted for the users to decide whether they want to refresh the screen to see the new data. If the user selects yes, then the screen is refreshed. If the user selects No then screen is not refreshed.